I should warn you now: if you do not seek gratification from chocolate these cookies are not for you. If, on the other hand you have a long standing love affair with chocolate, as I do….these intensely dark, velvety cookies can be your new titillation.
These cookies are NOT good for you.
They are not good for your waistline, your morning run, or your teeth. You should stay far away from these cookies. FAR AWAY. Do not fall into their clutches.
But oh, the sugar rush. The warm chocolate melting in your mouth. It’s so wrong.
How could you not fall in love?
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 10 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 C flour
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tslp. salt
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter at room temperature
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chunks
Mix in usual manner. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- I used Valrhona 70% Guanaja chocolate for both the melted chocolate and chocolate chunks.
- I rolled out the dough into 20 cookies and let it sit in the fridge for 12-24 hours before baking (I think it makes a better cookies. Don’t ask why. I don’t know. It just does.). I only baked 8 cookies so as to not fall into a chocolate stupor and chucked the rest of the cookies into the freezer for some later lovin’.
- I will have to run a gazillion miles tomorrow in guilt.