I should warn you now: if you do not seek gratification from chocolate these cookies are not for you. If, on the other hand you have a long standing love affair with chocolate, as I do….these intensely dark, velvety cookies can be your new titillation.
These cookies are NOT good for you.
They are not good for your waistline, your morning run, or your teeth. You should stay far away from these cookies. FAR AWAY. Do not fall into their clutches.
But oh, the sugar rush. The warm chocolate melting in your mouth. It’s so wrong.
How could you not fall in love?
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 10 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 C flour
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tslp. salt
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter at room temperature
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chunks
Mix in usual manner. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- I used Valrhona 70% Guanaja chocolate for both the melted chocolate and chocolate chunks.
- I rolled out the dough into 20 cookies and let it sit in the fridge for 12-24 hours before baking (I think it makes a better cookies. Don’t ask why. I don’t know. It just does.). I only baked 8 cookies so as to not fall into a chocolate stupor and chucked the rest of the cookies into the freezer for some later lovin’.
- I will have to run a gazillion miles tomorrow in guilt.
The saying goes ‘you can take the girl out of the city…….’
It appears to not matter where this city girl lives, beauty is found all around, and you beautiful Miss Lemonie have a gift in taking the everyday and creating something extra special.
I am inspired, and anticipate seeing more!
Okay, so not fair! I just put myself on a serious diet and then these were posted. So evil! Good thing I don’t have all the ingredients or I’d make them as soon as I got home from arobics tonight. See you in two weeks Mel!
yummminess!!! those look amazing! those aren’t the same ones we ate in the theatre, are they? it was dark… it’s hard to compare. 😉 and i think i swallowed those whole, therefore, i have no idea what they looked like.
Wow! Girl, this looks amazing!
You’re gonna get all of us running extra miles just so we can eat more of your treats!
Love it and I am so proud of you!!!
You have done an amazing job of your site. Love the style and I love you. Those cookies were sooooo good! Thanks for the recipe.
Thanks for the fun afternoon. How is that tee?
Pingback: To Covet & Crave «