I make no secret that I’m a summer girl. Perhaps it’s because I live in a place where we’re lucky to get true summer eight weeks of the year. Maybe it’s precisely that; summer’s fleetingness that gives summer it’s allure. It’s draw that I can never get enough of.
Summer is my passport to happiness.
A life long love affair with summer and everything that comes along with it. The warm sun on the nape of my neck. The freedom to lose track of time and let my thoughts drift away into the open blue sky. The taste of the first jewel colored strawberry of the season…
Ahhh…strawberries…Does anything say summer better than local, garden ripened, strawberries? Turn them into a tropical salsa and they are so becoming of a summer indulgence….sticky pools of ruby strawberry juice collecting on crunch and sweet cinnamon scented crisps.
Savor the sweetness with your summer love. Pure bliss.
Summer Strawberry Salsa with Cinnamon Crisps
- 2 C. Chopped, fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped, fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Honey
- Combine all ingredients and let stand for half an hour at room temperature.
- 6 six inch Flour tortillas
- 1 Tbsp Butter, melted (or less)
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
- Combine sugar and cinnamon
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture then cut into wedges.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees for approximatley 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- I used whole wheat tortillas because that’s what I had; use whatever you prefer.
- I find the salsa does not keep well. Try and eat it all, the same day you make it. Which, really, shouldn’t be a problem.
- I would like to give credit for the recipe but I have no idea where it comes from. I’ve had it for years.
- The original recipe called for 2 Tbsp of butter for the crisps. But knowing my love for summer and everything that goes with it, including abundant quantities of time spent outside….in a swimsuit…need I say more?
What makes you happy?