Oh…Miss Margarita how I do love you on a blistering summer day. With pineapple and basil you’re perfect enough to knock an entire pitcher out of the way. Lounging on your deck with a cool glass in hand, let your mind wander in the drenching sunshine, and day dream yourself to a far off land.
…by the blue water’s edge, let your toes dig into the warm, white sand
…let the ocean breeze cool your skin, while the sun across the water skips
…let yourself lose track of time under a palm tree with your love, when under the horizon the sun dips
A plan for the near future might not include a change in latitude. But plenty of refills of Miss Margarita, under the sultry summer sun, are more than enough to brighten your mood.
lightly adapted from Martha Stewart
- Pulse 1 fresh pineapple (cored & cut into chunks) in a food processor. Do not puree.
- Muddle 1/2 C. fresh basil with a rounded tablespoon of sugar in a pitcher.
- Add in the fresh pineapple and any juice from that pineapple, two cups of Limeade (mix the Limeade concentrate with about half the water called for on the package. Keep any leftover Limeade for your next pitcher.), and 2 cups of your favorite tequila. Mix well.
- Refridgerate at least one hour.
- Fill the pitcher with ice, stir well & enjoy on your patio while listening to Sergio Mendes.
- Don’t forget to rim your glasses with salt, garnish with a slice of pineapple and reapply your sunscreen as needed.