Sometimes I don’t understand what is going on inside my own head (Craaaaazy Lady). I think to much about the future: one must have a plan after all, and I forget to cherish the moment and enjoy where I am right now, doing whatever it is that I am doing. So today, being a beautiful sunny, summer day, I am going to revel in the little everyday pleasures and realize how happy they can make me. I am going to cherish holding someone I love close, revel in the place I am, and be sensuous in the present….
I am going to enjoy life’s little, everyday pleasures. And just so I don’t forget here’s today’s list of decadence I will indulge in:
1. Listening to my favorite song at top volume and singing along.
3. Kissing someone I love.
4. Endorphins from a running high.
5. An iced latte (but let’s not push the limits. It’ll still be skinny).
6. Really great advice.
7. Smiling at a stranger, just because.
8. A new magazine.
9. The wind in my hair as I ride my yellow beach cruiser.
11. Clean, crisp white sheets.
12. Cart wheeling bare foot across the green lawn.
14. Starting the new book I got for my birthday.
15. Daydreaming about my next big vacation.
17. Eating dinner outside, on the patio.
18. Fresh picked blueberries from a generous neighbour.
adapted from Squirrel Bakes
- 1/4 C flour
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp cold butter
- Combine to form coarse crumbs
- 3/4 C milk
- 1/4 C oil
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C fresh blueberries
- Whisk together milk and oil and egg.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add to wet ingredients but do NOT over mix.
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 4 oz. light cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp beaten egg (about 1/2 an egg) at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Beat until smooth
Directions (makes 12 muffins):
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Spoon about 1 Tbsp muffin mix into each muffin cup. Top with half the berries then 1 Tbsp of cream cheese mixture. Spoon over remaining muffin mix and berries. Sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake 22-25 minutes.
- Thanx to my generous neighbor for the fresh picked blueberries!
- It might look like too many blueberries at first but as the muffin bakes and puffs up the blueberries spread out quite a bit. I used 1 C the first try and 1 1/2 C the second time around.
- Store in an airtight container for no more than one day. The muffins also freeze really well.
- You know what would be great with the blueberry “muffin” for breakfast (if one can call a baked good with cream cheese and streusel, a muffin)… A cold, iced coffee. What’s on your list of daily decadence? (comments welcome!)