Romance might happen every day. Lust might even happen every day. But finding true love?
About as rare as finding the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe.
A recipe that you want in your recipe box forever, that you don’t need to change or alter to make better. A recipe that stands the test of time. One which you are proud to bring to family gatherings and there is never a crumb left on the plate. A chocolate chip cookie so good that on a bad day just the smell emitting from the oven elicits a smile.
Luckily for me, I have both. And since I’m so generous I’ll share one of them with you. But hands off the other one ladies.
Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oatmeal
- 3/4 C butter at room temperature
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C slightly rounded oatmeal
- 1 C dark chocolate chips
- Bake in moderate oven until done.
- Ok, ok… if you need a little more instruction then the recipe handed down to me here you go:
- Cream the butter and sugars until lightly fluffy. One at a time, beat in the eggs until well incorporated. Beat in the vanilla for about 30 seconds.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and oatmeal.
- Add to the butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Put the dough in the fridge and let sit for at least 24 hours before rolling the dough into about 30 cookies.
- Bake about 9-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- I got ahold of 72% cocoa baking feves last time I was in Montreal. They make the most amazing cookies! Beware though: if you are not a fan of dark chocolate the cookies might not be sweet enough for you. If you want to make your own purchase of baking feves try Valrhona Araguani Dark 72% Cocoa from Venezuela. Not that I would know (cough, cough) but you can order from chocosphere.com. They deliver the massive 6.6 lb box right to your door complete with a cool pack.
- If you really, truly don’t like dark chocolate (booo on you) then you may (grudgingly) substitute your favorite, but inferior, milk chocolate chips.
- Sorry for the long absence in posts. In addition to having the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe and true love I am lucky enough that my parents let me join them for a few weeks at their condo in the sun.
If this is the same recipe you gave me back in February then I can definitely vouch for their deliciousness! I’ve made them several times already!
Makes me want to do some baking…
The one and only… Glad you’ve enjoyed them!
Makes me very hungry for one, no maybe for a few more than one!!!